Swimmer Code of Conduct
Purpose: In an effort to make the swim team experience a happy, memorable time, we want to promote the best possible conduct of all Pine Mill Ranch Swimmers and Parents at practice, swim meets and other team functions, and to create the best possible individual and team impressions.
- Swimmers will be on time, attend all practices, do their best, be safety-conscious, and follow pool rules – they are there for your safety.
- Swimmers will obey the coach(es) at all times and will be supportive of judges and referees decisions.
- Swimmers will not run around the pool or engage in horseplay during swim meets or practice.
- Swimmers will swim only at the age appropriate time, unless a change was discussed with the coach.
- Swimmers will stay out of the baby pool, splash pool and slide pool during swim meets or practice.
- Swimmers will be responsible for picking up their belongings and trash after every practice and swim meet at our pool and competitors.
- Swimmers will respect other everyone’s personal property (towels, clothing, goggles, eating or drinking what does not belong to me, etc.)
- Swimmers will not wear cut-offs or two piece suits at practice and will wear the team authorized swim suit at all meets.
- Swimmers will stay in the team area during meets with the ready bench parents.
- Swimmers will be supportive of all swimmers and will not disrespect anyone within the pool area at any time.
- Swimmers will not engage in un-sportsmanlike behavior, indiscreet or destructive behavior or the use of obscene language.
- Swimmers will not dive into the shallow end except under the coach’s supervision.
No one is allowed to climb on any equipment, including all water features, diving boards, lifeguard stands, swim ladders leading in/out of the pool, chairs, lounge chairs. This also includes not jumping over the fence. Skateboards, roller blades/skates, scooters, bikes and pets are prohibited inside the pool gates.
The Pine Mill Ranch Swim Team has a ZERO TOLERANCE policy for bullying. Swimmers are expected to respect each other. Fighting, intentional touching or striking another swimmer will subject the swimmer to grounds for dismissal.
Disrupting practices or meets in any way including failing to abide by coaches’ directions, parental coaching, swimmer-parent interactions during practice or disrespecting teammates, coaches, the team board members and/or the pool facilities will not be tolerated.
Destruction or damage to our pool, any facility we visit or other team members’ property will not be tolerated.
Failure to abide by the Pine Mill Ranch Swim Team Rules of Conduct by either the swimmer or the parent/guardian may result in immediate disciplinary action as determined by the PMRST coaching staff or PMRST Board to include but not be limited to:
- Suspension from practice.
- Suspension from an event.
- Suspension from a meet.
- Suspension from the swim team program.
- Forfeiture of all payments and/or credits for participation in an event and/or program.
- Dismissal from the swim team program.
- Any combination of the above.
NOTE: Please understand that if any of the
rules in the Parent and Swimmer Code of Conduct are broken, swim privileges and
visitors privileges may be revoked at
the discretion of the coaches and or Pine Mill Ranch Swim Team Board Members
including not only temporary but possible permanent suspension with no refunds given.