Parent Code of Conduct
Purpose: In an effort to make the swim team experience a happy, memorable time, we want to promote the best possible conduct of all Pine Mill Ranch Swimmers and Parents at practice, swim meets, and other team functions, and to create the best possible individual and team impressions.
- A parent or another adult representative must be in attendance at every swim meet or their child(ren) will not be allowed to participate in that meet. NOTE: This does not apply to practice or children over age 16.
- Parents must make their child(ren)'s emotional and physical well-being their number one priority during swim season.
- Parents will not behave in such a way as to bring discredit to their child(ren), the team, or competitive swimming.
- Parents will only address officials, all swimmers including the opposing team, parents, fans and coaches in a positive, respectful, and encouraging manner demonstrating fairness and sportsmanship.
- Parents will stand behind the coach and support his or her decisions at all times and not place the coach in a position to have to be concerned with their behavior.
- Parents will in no way disrupt the swim meet in which they are attending. They will express concerns regarding any rules or calls to the meet director or swim team board, at the conclusion of the meet.
- Parents will remember that swimming is for the children and not for the adults.
- Parents will keep all deck areas looking nice and clean and throw away all trash at practices, home meets and away meets.
- Parents will supervise all their children during both practice and meets including those who are not registered to swim on the team.
- Parents will bring and pick up their child(ren) promptly from practice as the coaches are not babysitters.
- Parents will not drop children off or leave them at the pool/playground without designated adult supervision (unless over age 11).
NO ONE (including parents, toddlers, non-participating swimmers, etc) may enter the baby pool, splash pad or water slide area during practices or meets FOR ANY REASON.
Only registered swimmers may be in the water during practice or their scheduled event at a meet.
No one is allowed to climb on any equipment, including all water features, diving boards, lifeguard stands, swim ladders leading in/out of the pool, chairs, lounge chairs. This also includes not jumping over the fence. Skateboards, roller blades/skates, scooters, bikes and pets are prohibited inside the pool gates.
The Pine Mill Ranch Swim Team has a ZERO TOLERANCE policy for bullying. Swimmers are expected to respect each other. Fighting, intentional touching or striking another swimmer will subject the swimmer to grounds for dismissal.
Disrupting practices or meets in any way including failing to abide by coaches’ directions, parental coaching, swimmer-parent interactions during practice or disrespecting teammates, coaches, the team board members and/or the pool facilities will not be tolerated.
Destruction or damage to our pool, any facility we visit or other team members’ property will not be tolerated.
At all practices, meets, and swim team events at the pool, we have a zero tolerance policy on the following:
- alcohol consumption
- illegal drugs
- smoking inside the pool gate
Any violations of alcohol, drugs, weapons, smoking, profanity or bullying will result in immediate removal of the entire family from the swim team without a refund.
Failure to abide by the Pine Mill Ranch Swim Team Rules of Conduct by either the swimmer or the parent/guardian may result in immediate disciplinary action as determined by the PMRST coaching staff or PMRST Board to include but not be limited to:
- Suspension from practice.
- Suspension from an event.
- Suspension from a meet.
- Suspension from the swim team program.
- Forfeiture of all payments and/or credits for participation in an event and/or program.
- Dismissal from the swim team program.
- Any combination of the above.
NOTE: Please understand that if any of the
rules in the Parent and Swimmer Code of Conduct are broken, swim privileges and
visitors privileges may be revoked at
the discretion of the coaches and or Pine Mill Ranch Swim Team Board Members
including not only temporary but possible permanent suspension with no refunds given.