Members of the 2019 and 2021 Teams!
Registration emails were sent out on 4/1 with the link to register! Spots are now limited! Message the team if a spot is still available for your child(ren).
Please email the team at [email protected]
Important Dates for 2021
2021 PMR Swim Team Tryouts!
The Final TRYOUTS for the PMR Swim Team will be held on Saturday May 1st from 8:00am - 9:30am at the Pine Mill Ranch Pool.
The first round of tryouts was held on Saturday, March 27th.
Tryouts are required for ALL NEW swimmers to the team, including siblings of the 2019 and 2020 teams. Swimmers must be age 4-18 by May 1, 2021, no exceptions.
- Tryouts are not how fast your child can swim but IF they can swim. See tryout requirements below for each age group. Members of Texas Elite, Fulshear Racing Team, Katy Aquatics competitive (not Swim America), Katy Aquatics Future Stars, a high school swim team or any other competitive swim team, please email [email protected] as your child MAY NOT have to go through tryouts.
- Reservations are not needed, just show up between the times listed.
- Parents will complete a swimmer info form including a waiver.
- Masks are required to be worn inside the pool area, unless swimming.
- Parents will remain outside the pool gates during tryouts.
- Coaches with shields will be in the water to assist swimmers as needed.
- Additional tryouts may be scheduled later but some spots may have been filled.
- If your child passes tryouts, please see registration information below.
All swimmers that went to tryouts in 2020 and passed but did not choose to swim in 2020 due to COVID-19, will need to tryout again in 2021. Swimmers in this group that pass will be given priority registration and are guaranteed a spot on the 2021 team.
Tryout requirements are as follows:
- Age 4-6: Freestyle swim any which way but must get across the length of the pool without any assistance, panic or turning over to float on the back.
- Age 7-8: Freestyle swim but must get across the length of the pool without any assistance, panic or turning over to float on the back. Should also know Backstroke.
- Age 9-10: Confident Freestyle and Backstroke swim across the length of the pool. Preferred to also know at least Butterfly or Breaststroke.
- Age 11-18: Confident Freestyle and Backstroke swim across the length of the pool. Should know at least Butterfly or Breaststroke.
The age used is your child's age as of May 1 of 2021 as that is their swim group for practice and meets. Once they are on the team, they will learn more stroke development and learn about swim team competition.
NOTE: Swim Team is not a Learn to Swim Program. A swimmer must be comfortable remaining in the water independently. While coaches will teach strokes, dives and turns, each age group must have a certain amount of swim knowledge before trying out for the swim team. If in doubt, it is highly recommended that swim lessons be taken before tryouts. We highly recommend swim lessons at Texas Swim Academy. They do a fantastic job there and they know the swim team requirements for all four strokes. You may contact Texas Swim Academy at 832-437-6186.
Please email [email protected] if you have any questions.
2021 Team and Registration Information
2021 TEAM INFO:
We will have a 2021 swim season this year for PMR Swim Team!!
- We will have intersquad meets and will do virtual meets where we swim against another team but each team swims at their own pool and the times are uploaded against each others to determine winners.
- The team will take COVID-19 safety precautions as needed which will include masks on deck for both coaches and kids, social distancing, daily temperature checks and constant sanitizing. Coaches in the water with age 4-6 will be wearing shields.
- Team size will still remain somewhat limited due to COVID-19 to maintain social distancing.
2021 REGISTRATION INFO:
Emails will be sent from the team with links to register for the 2021 swim season to the appropriate groups listed below.
Registration is $130 per swimmer which includes 8 weeks of instruction, a team t-shirt, team swim cap and insurance.
- March 31st - April 11th: 2019 and 2020 PMR team members registration
- April 12th - April 18th: PMR residents who passed tryouts registration, potentially other priority neighborhoods based on spots available
- April 19th - May 2: Non-PMR residents who passed tryouts based on priority neighborhoods and any remaining spots available
Priority neighborhoods are local neighborhoods near PMR who do not have a summer swim team such as Cardiff Ranch, Hawks Landing, Westlake, Grayson Lakes, Westheimer Lakes, etc.
Pine Mill Ranch Rays Swim Team Accomplishments
- 2019 All Star Meet Champions (1st place out of 32 Teams)
- 2019 Division 2 Meet of Champs Champions
- 2017 All Star Meet Runner Up (2nd place out of 31 Teams)
- 2017 Division 2 Meet of Champs Champions
- 2013 Division 2 Sportsmanship Winner
PMR Swim Team Competition Suits
As we will not have regular dual meets this season, PMR swim team suits are not a requirement but you are welcome to purchase a team suit to wear at our practice meet and virtual meets.
D&J Sports has PMR Swim Team Dolfin brand swimsuits, swim practice suits, goggles and other swim items. Fittings and purchases can be anytime at their store at: 617 S. Mason (Hours: M-F 10:00am - 6:00pm & Saturday 10:00am - 4:00pm)
- $42.50 for girls
- $35.50 for the boys jammer suits
As we know one size doesn't always fit all, we are offering additional styles of female suits in the TYR Hexa brand at $56.50 per suit. Fittings for these suits will ONLY be at the Katy D&J Sports location.